Picture taken from this site
I could imagine such a dialogue:
– The world is my dream.
– You claim that the whole world is just a dream of Marcin Dolecki?
– No, it’s a dream of my real self.
– What then is your real self?
– It’s such an object which is not an object at all.
– I’m afraid, your words seem to be senseless.
– I’ll try to explain them. I’m not an object at all, therefore I cannot “see” myself directly, so I try to look at the mirror, and God is my perfect mirror, because my self and God have the same nature.
– So you claim to be God?!
– Marcin Dolecki is not God.
– You try to explain one unknown – the self – by other unknown – God? Isn’t it a quackery?
– I do not know.
Metaphysics definitely is not a piece of cake.